If you’re looking for a “go to” smoothie to make every morning – this is it! This smoothie is high in plant based protein and fiber and also contains calming turmeric. The cardamom adds delicious and fragrant flavor while the ginger adds a little kick. You can sneak in a serving of spinach as well as 18 grams of protein with this delicious smoothie. It’s filling and won’t make you crash later because there’s no refined sugar in it. I use protein powder from Livwell Nutrition because it’s plant based and raw. I like to have non-soy protein options and prefer this protein powder because it’s soy free and minimally processed. I’m also a fan of Vega protein powder which is easily found at stores like Whole Foods and Target. LivWell Nutrition protein powder can be found here – you can use the code “EPICUREAN” to get a 10% discount.
Calming Green Protein Smoothie
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup frozen sliced bananas
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder (such as LivWell Nutrition brand)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbs raw shredded coconut (optional for topping)
Place all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Top with shredded coconut and serve cold.
- Approximate calories per serving: 206 cal
- Approximate protein per serving: 18g
- Approximate fiber per serving: 6g
- Approximate fat per serving: 7g
- Approximate carbs per serving: 24g
4 thoughts on “Calming Green Protein Smoothie”
Oh I love cardamom! I haven’t tried that in one of my smoothies before, strangely. I bake with it all the time though! It’s by far my most FAVORITE spice!
Also one of my faves!
Yummy recipe for a smoothie, will try it! I pinned it too! thx.
Thanks! I hope you love it…