My Instagram feed is full of beautiful raw and no bake desserts. They’re colorful, perfectly photographed, and look like they came from dessert heaven. Most of the people making these desserts are professional chefs and their work is inspiring. This is my version of a semi raw dessert that’s easy to make and serve. It’s nice not to have to use the oven for this one. Don’t be afraid of melting chocolate – you can easily make a double boiler using a pot of boiling water and a heat safe mixing bowl on top. I used raspberries which I had a ton of but you can substitute your favorite berry instead. If you’re in a hurry you can use hot or boiling water to soak your cashews. You only need to soak the cashews for 1-2 hours using hot or boiling water vs overnight with cold water. It’s best to keep these in the freezer until you are ready to serve them. I made these using a muffin pan lined with muffin cups so that they were easy to remove. You can thaw them out for about 5 minutes before serving so they soften up a little. These little cheesecakes look stunning and taste dreamy – they’re perfect for a special dinner or even a baby shower.
No Bake Raspberry Chocolate Cheesecake Cups (vegan, gluten free)
- 2 cups raw whole cashews soaked in 2 cups water overnight (or in 2 cups hot water for 2 hours)
- 1 4oz dark chocolate bar
- 1 cup raspberries
- 3 tbs agave syrup
- 2 to 3 tbs water
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (optional topping)
- Line a muffin pan with 12 muffin cups and set aside.
- For the chocolate crust: Melt chocolate in a double boiler. You can use a stock pot to boil about 2 cups of water. Place chocolate in a heat safe mixing bowl that will fit on top of the stock pot. Place bowl on top of stock pot with boiling water and slowly melt the chocolate. Once chocolate is melted, stir in 1 tbs agave syrup and 1 tbs coconut oil. Using a spoon, evenly spread a layer of chocolate on the bottom of each muffin cup. Divide chocolate evenly between 12 cups. Place in freezer for about 10-15 minutes.
- For the raw raspberry cheesecake: Drain water from cashews and rinse with fresh water. Place drained, rinsed cashews in a high powered blender such as Vitamix. Blend with 2 to 3 tbs of water until forms a smooth paste. You will need to scrape down the sides of the blender several times. This may take about 10 minutes. Next, add raspberries, 2 tbs agave syrup, almond extract, and 1 tbs coconut oil and blend again until raspberries are evenly incorporated and mixture is smooth.
- To assemble: Remove chocolate crust from freezer. Scoop raspberry mixture evenly on top of the frozen chocolate layer of each cup and smooth with a spatula. Freeze overnight. Remove from muffin cups and top with shredded coconut. Let thaw at room temperature for about 5 to 10 minutes to soften before serving. Store leftovers in freezer for up to 3 days.
- Approximate calories per serving: 200 cal